- January 22, 2021
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
During this free session, you will learn how to build a professional website for your small business with WordPress. Anyone can build a business’s presence online with the themes, plugins, and built-in functionality offered by WordPress. In this course, you will how to create a website complete with a contact form, social sharing buttons, a blog, and a custom homepage.
WordPress is the Worlds well-known publishing platform of the choice of million websites and blogs, including the most well known and high profile websites of the World. It is very simple to install, doesn’t require much technical knowledge and simple to get started with. Because it is a very powerful tool so it requires some knowledge and guidance to get the best out of it. You may have already tried to set up WordPress but got lost in the technical stuff. This course will set you back on the right track.
Course Requirements and Audience
This WordPress course is aimed at business owners, students, individuals, beginners, looking to make the first website, looking to start a Blog.
If you are not confident using a PC and mouse, then please take a look at our basic computer skills courses (currently only available as a group or one-to-one course).
This course is designed for PC and Laptop users.
- Establishing site goals and needs.
- Get web hosting and register a domain.
- Set up your website through the web host.
- Get familiar with WordPress Dashboard
- How To Find and to Install your theme or template.
- Add Content To Your Website, Images, Title, text and more.
- Customising colours, fonts, and menus.
- How to install Plugins to Get More out of WordPress
- Learn about plugins and how to add them to your site
- Publish and submit your site to search engines
Light refreshments will be provided (coffee, tea, biscuit and fruits).