Internet Safety and Security
See description below:
The module introduces the student to Internet safety and security by understanding the risks and learning how to avoid them. This is an Internet security and safety skills training for adults in Glasgow and the UK. Explore the impact of Internet fraud on the world and learn how to protect yourself and your data.
If you are not confident using a PC and mouse, then please take a look at our Digital Basic ICT course. This course is designed for PC, Smartphone and Tablets users.
This module is aimed at anyone who wishes to learn all about basic internet security and safety. It assumes a basic understanding of the computer and how it works. This course is designed for users who have a basic understanding of the Internet.
- Learn how to create a strong and safe password.
- Learn what is a VPN and how to protect your data and privacy.
- Understand your browser’s security features and how they work.
- Learn how to avoid email-based spam and phishing scams.
- Learn how to avoid malware and remove it from your computer.
- Strategies for a safe online shopping experience.
- Understand how browser tracking works.
- Learn all about social media privacy so you can control what you share with others online.
- Learn what to do if your computer gets a virus.
- Learn how to update and install browser plug-ins.
- Learn how phone verification works to protect your identity online.
- Learn how to improve Wi-Fi security using these Internet safety tips.
Note: Private Classes are delivered in our training centre based in Govan or your chosen location. Your chosen location should be near Glasgow or surrounded area.